Sunday, January 17, 2010

Lady Gaga & The Midway State Cover Peter Gabriel & Kate Bush

Canadian rock band The Midway State are so under the radar, their Wikipedia has required clean-up since 2008. Lady Gaga is so over the radar I'm not sure how the two know each other or even what caused them the join forces on a cover of the classic Peter Gabriel and Kate Bush duet "Don't Give Up" (also covered by Celtic pop singer Maire Brennan and Micheal McDonald, and Willie Nelson and Sinead O'Connor.)

But just because I don't know how, doesn't mean I can't enjoy the results of the collaboration. I wasn't that familiar with the original, which is a shame since it is a beautiful song. So without a memory attached to the original, I must say I really enjoyed this version. Plus, it gives yet another chance for the Gaga one to show off her vocals. Watch the video, a homage to the original version:

No comments: