Wednesday, December 25, 2013

Christmas Song Of The Day: "On Christmas Day" - Dido



It's December and as a devotee to all things Holiday I thought I'd roll out some of my favorite Christmas/Winter music throughout the month. Check back every day for tracks old, new, classic and unique. Happy Holidays!

Did you know Dido was born on Christmas day? So were Isaac Newton, Jimmy Buffet and Sissy Spacek. Jesus was not, but we usually had a birthday cake for Him anyway. Any excuse for a spice cake with cream cheese icing is OK with me.

Did you also know that Dido's holiday single "On Christmas Day" was written by the singer herself and was not an old Celtic love song? It has such an old fashioned melody, I didn't realize it and I wondered how I had never heard it before.

Now I know, and so do you. Happy Christmas, kids.

 

No comments: