Thursday, December 12, 2013

Christmas Song Of The Day: "Oh Holy Night" - Sandi Patty



It's December and as a devotee to all things Holiday I thought I'd roll out some of my favorite Christmas/Winter music throughout the month. Check back every day for tracks old, new, classic and unique. Happy Holidays!

My favorite person on the Internet, Junior, has already explored a variety of covers of this showboat-y Christmas carol last December so I won't belabor the point about this classic being perfect for showcasing solo vocals and gospel choirs, etc.

I will instead tell you that this version of "O Holy Night" is the one we listened to as children and cause my littlest sister to cry out "FALL ON THEM KNEES" during the chorus. So inspirational. Now she hates Christmas music. Dun, dun, dun.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you, Paul! I was unable to blog for the holidays this year because I'm in the middle of... Well, let's just say I'm in the middle and so your posts have filled me with glee (lowercase, not the show).

Also, I just listened to Stacie Orrico's version again for fun and it is as misguided as ever. I think I'll have to add it to my yearly rotation, ironically of course.

C. Paul Keller said...

If you like it awkward, you should also check out Stacie's version of What Child Is This? There's a breakdown where she goes "what child! This child! What child! This child!"