Thursday, November 28, 2013

Hanukkah Song Of The Day: "Candlelight" - The Maccabeats



It's December and as a devotee to all things Holiday I thought I'd roll out some of my favorite Christmas/Winter music throughout the month. Check back every day for tracks old, new, classic and unique. Happy Holidays!

As a gentile, I have never celebrated Hanukkah. I did buy Hanukkah gift wrap on clearance at Target once because it was so pretty and I thought I should have it on hand in case I needed to give a gift during the festival of lights. Speaking of lights, The Fabulous Beekman Boys have a stunning modern menorah someone could get me for Christmas this year if they are feeling especially generous.

I do love me some latkes and hot Jewish boys so this parody of the Taio Cruz song "Dynamite" is something I have no problem sharing. I actually tend to sing these lyrics when I hear the original track. Plus the lyrics are a great way to explain what the holiday is all about, the miracle of light conquering darkness in even the most dire of circumstances.


No comments: