Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Florence + The Machine Is "Heavy In Your Arms"

Florence + The Machine really snuck up on me. All the blogs were talking and I wasn't listening at first. But the one woman band wowed me with her "You've Got The Love" and again Sunday's VMA's. But my favorite track is from the Twilight Saga: Eclipse soundtrack, "Heavy In Your Arms", the video for which appeared on the web this week. It's a strange B&W clip with a Paranormal Activity look, with no Twilight clips. But the real reason I'm posting it is because the song is 14 kinds of awesome. The dramatic vocals, the creepy instrumentation and the haunting lyrics combine to rock this single. My favorite line? "This will be my last confession/I love you never felt like any blessing/Whispering like it's a secret/Only to condemn the one who hears it/With a heavy heart"
Watch:

No comments: