Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Do You "L-U-V" The Leaked Madonna Song?

I love Madonna. One of my all time favorite songs is "Like A Prayer" and I even really enjoyed Hard Candy. So I've been sitting on the edge of my seat waiting for news about her 2012 LP, which meant I couldn't wait to get home from work last night to check out the leaked demo of "Give Me Your Love" that was blowing up my Twitter.

At first I was ready to turn it off. What the fresh hell is this? What is Madge doing ripping off Avril Lavigne Gwen Stefani Toni Basil? That cheerleader sound is not fresh, and with William Orbit and Martin Solveig reported to be involved with the album I was hoping for a modern sound that is also classic, like "Frozen" was.

But the more I listen, the less I hate it. Rumor has it MIA and Nicki Minaj are slated to rap on the finished mix and a more polished sound would elevate it, especially if they have MIA chant the "L-U-V Madonna/Y-O-U wanna?" Her voice would make it less silly, more insane. And it is frakking catchy as hell, I found myself repeating both the chorus and the cheer while housecleaning.

So I recant, Madonna can do no wrong. Except "Hanky Panky."

Check out "Give Me Your Love" from Perez Hilton's blog (one of the few places it hasn't been pulled from yet!) Ad plays before song...

No comments: