Saturday, February 25, 2012

Soundtrack Of The Day: "Disparate Youth" - Santigold

Hey kids and kittens, I'm finally back! My computer was giving me fits and I haven't mastered the art of embedding video via my Windows Phone so no new Soundtracks for the past couple of weeks. I had intended a series of music from my favorite black artists for Black History Month but alas February is almost over. Since we should really be celebrating black art and music year round, however, I am still going for it!

First up is a new single from Philly native Santigold. Her debut album Santogold was one of my favorites of 2008 and I am getting excited as new songs arrive to herald the May release of her sophomore solo album Master Of My Make Believe.
Here is "Disparate Youth"

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's so good, right? I am seriously ready for this album to come out!

p.s. Black Music Month is in June so you have plenty of time to have a month to celebrate black people!

C. Paul Keller said...

I know, I heard an earlier leak of a song supposedly from the album and was not impressed (can't even remember the name) so this def a step in the right direction.

And I will have to step up my Black Music Month coverage!