Sunday, March 4, 2012

Soundtrack Of The Day: "Rise Again" - Dallas Holm

I'm baking bread this afternoon, as has become a weekly ritual in my house for the first time since I was 15 or 16. If you've ever made bread (bread machine users, put your hands down, you don't count) you know it's a series of rising events. Mix, rise, punch down, rise, shape loaves, rise, bake. Yes, ma'am, it's a lot of waiting but it tastes so good and doesn't have unpronounceable chemicals in it. And it's whole wheat, so that's healthy and tasty, tasty.

Anyway, because (to quote MIA) I'm already going to hell just pumping that gas I sing a lovely old gospel song called "Rise Again" as I wait for the bread dough to rise... again. (See what I did there? SO CLEVER!) It's a rather pretty melody and I'm not ashamed to be singing it. Please to enjoy:

No comments: