Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Why Did No One Tell Me Taylor Swift Did A Duet With Boys Like Girls?

Rude! I'd heard this beautifully slow burning duet on the radio the last week or so but the DJs never identified it. I kinda thought it might be Taylor Swift, but since I'd bought her last album and the song wasn't on it I figured I was wrong.

I was not wrong! (OK, I was wrong about being wrong, but that doesn't count.) My girl T-squeezy recorded a duet with emo-pop band Boys Like Girls for there latest disc Love Drunk, the lead single and title track of which is pretty hot. Not hot enough to provoke me into buying the album, which was a mistake because "Two Is Better Than One" is the shiz-nitty.

I love slow burning love ballads, they start cool and slow then rise in a spiral of crazy theatrics. And when it's a duet between one of the hottest young country starlets and a vocalist who can do great things (but oftimes fails, see "Thunder") it's epic. The soft guitar, the strings, Taylor's female vocal matching pace with lead singer Martin Johnson's, it like a poppier version of the duet from Once.

It's really brilliant, I almost thought it was a single from a new film soundtrack or something. Listen:

No comments: