Thursday, April 8, 2010

Trashy Thursdays: Sean Kingston & Justin Beiber - "Eenie Meenie"

Trashy Thursdays will be happening every Thursday (duh) and will feature the trashy pop songs I kinda love. Don't get it twisted, I think pop music is an art form. But like all art, there are brilliant artistic works that are fresh and dynamic and new as well as less inspired pieces of art. Sometimes those less inspired bits are as much fun as the "good" stuff, that's why we're getting trashy!

I hate Sean Kingston. His voice annoys me so much. Justin Beiber is a little insufferable in interviews, but his music can be catchy. The two are beloved by tweens and teens, and just about unknown to everyone else.

But when two young and obnoxious teen singers get together, the sum is greater than it's parts. "Eenie Meenie" is annoyingly catchy, the beat is hot and the chorus gets stuck in the head. It's based on a nursery rhyme, so it should. I kinda hate that I love it!

No comments: