Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Anybody Else Excited For The New Scissor Sisters Disc?

I wasn't sure how I would feel about the upcoming Scissor Sisters' album Night Work. I was deeply in love with New York band's self titled debut, but the follow up left me less excited. I was willing to give the band another chance, not just because the cover was pretty sweet:Sex-ay! The band leaked a sneak peak of the album closer "Invisible Light" about a month ago, and it keeps randomly popping into my head. That's a good thing. The beat is funky, yet understated and Ana Matronic's vocals are the most perfect I've ever heard them. The added bonus of Ian McKellen's voice over (ala Vincent Price in "Thriller") makes it a hot new jam.



I'm not as crazy about the lead single, "Fire With Fire." It's a more mid-tempo track, sort of a Fray-meets-Killers style inspo-pop affair. I like it, but it's not nearly as awesome as "Invisible Light" I'm really hoping it leads to a hotter, hookier follow-up single.

All-in-all I can't wait for Night Work to drop on June 28, 2010. Hottness!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes! I'm so ready! I'm clenched just like that album cover guy is! Let's do this!

C. Paul Keller said...

Yes! Junior's on board!