Monday, May 17, 2010

Will I Buy M.I.A.'s New Disc? Hellz Yeah! Will I Like It, Is The Question...

I love M.I.A. I just do. She rocks my socks off, from "Bucky Done Gone" to "10 Dollars" to "Paper Planes" to "20 Dollars" I love her shit like a fat kid loves Slim Shots.

But her first release from her upcoming summer album /\/\/\Y/\, "Born Free" was a little ska-tastic for my tastes. And the video scared the piss out of me. It's really graphic and violent, and makes quite a statement on ethnic genocide. But I still didn't like the song. So when I heard about a new single (via JuiceWithJunior's tweets) called "XXXO" I wasn't sure if I was gonna enjoy it.

I should be slapped for even doubting my girl Maya! This is the most mainstream I've ever heard the world traveler sound. It's not like a Gwen Stefani jam or anything, but the beat rocks while also being dancable and it's got a catchy chorus. I'm ready for the new album!
Listen:

No comments: