Thursday, May 27, 2010

Trashy Thursday: R. Kelly & Celine Dion - "I'm Your Angel"

Trashy Thursdays will be happening every Thursday and will feature the trashy pop songs I kinda love. Don't get it twisted, I think pop music is an art form. But like all art, there are brilliant artistic works that are fresh and dynamic and new as well as less inspired pieces of art. Sometimes those less inspired bits are as much fun as the "good" stuff, that's why we're getting trashy!

I love Celine Dion. Her music is extremely cheesy, but a lot of it is really pretty. She's so dramatic when she sings, it's truly a spectacle to watch. She has an amazing voice.

R.Kelly is an R&B icon, both for his music and his personal troubles. His music switches between the ultra spiritual and the ultra dirty.

When the two got together for the smashingly cheesy duet (featured on Celine's incredibly entertaining Christmas album) I was in trashy heaven. Just listening to the two trade runs is a masterclass in overkill. But I love it!


No comments: