Sunday, May 23, 2010

One Year Ago, Today...

...I met up with a guy I had talked to for a little bit online. I didn't know a lot about him, except his first name, that he loved Janet Jackson, black boxer-briefs and going to clubs, and that he looked really cute in his pictures.

Did I know then that I would go on a date with him the next Saturday, and not make it home until Monday morning?

Did I know then he made amazing Fettuccine Alfredo?

Did I know then we would get into a major fight about two months later?

Did I know then he was the greatest kisser I've ever known?

Did I know then he move in and make my life richer and fuller for it?

Did I know then he would end up getting a better job, thanks in part to a friend of mine?

Did I know then there would but rough spots when we couldn't see eye-to-eye?

Did I know then he was the only man I could love?

No. I didn't know anything yet. I dove in, head first and for once in my life I didn't regret it. Now we are engaged and ready to commit to a lifetime of love, craziness and companionship.

Thank you, sexykins. You made my world a better place. I love you.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Stop making me cry! Stop it! STOP IT! ... Okay, continue! That was so sweet. In the words of Cher Horowitz "he says you gave him a toothache."

C. Paul Keller said...

Aw, Junior! Thanks!