Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Does Anybody Else Remember Fefe Dobson?


OK, back in 2003 when I was huminahumina years old I was a TRL junkie. A little old for Carson Daly and boy band mania, but I wasn't allowed to watch MTV as a kid so I had to make up for lost time.

Anyhoo, I remember this Canadian pop/rock singer (kinda like Avril with a darker complexion) named Fefe Dobson and single "Take Me Away" which peaked on the Billboard Hot 100 at a dismal 87. I loved it. I had the album. Her career never really took off, and attaching her single to the Scarlett Johansson/Chris Evans bomb The Perfect Score didn't help.

She managed to get a few songs from a scrapped second album recorded by teen-pop stars like Jordin Sparks, Hannah Montana and Selene Gomez & The Scene before recording a new album. Her newest release, Joy, came out in November and the lead single "Stutterin'" goes in a more poppy style like The Veronicas or Aly & AJ. I'm kinda digging it. Thoughts?

No comments: