Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Line Fillers: Drake on "What's My Name?"

Did you ever get the feeling a rapper is just filling a couple bars with idiotic nonsense for C.R.E.A.M.? What, they all do it? Well, let's explore:



"I heard you good with them soft lips"
Aww, thanks. I pride myself on my ability to... kiss. Wink, nudge.

"Yeah, you know word of mouth"
Word of mouth? Ah! It's a pun. You're so funny. Or should I say punny.

"The square root of 69 is 8 something"
You're a math whiz, it's actually 8.30662386
. I had to Google that. I'm not sure what point you're trying to make?

"Cuz I've been tryina work it out, Aaaah"
Really? Couldn't finish that line, so you went with throat exam sound effects? Unless maybe you bruise your esophagus 69ing. Yeah, I got your dirty joke, Drakey poo.

"Good weed, white wine"
You know what? I thought you said Good Weave. I thought it was tip on a hair salon.

"I come alive in the night time, okay, away we go"
Where we going? Where we going?

"Only thing we have on is the radio"
Way to steal a double entendre from country star Gary Allan. Jeez, Drake.

"ooooh, let it play, say you gotta leave
but I know you wanna stay"
Yes, cuz this pick up line contest is just getting me all hot and bothered.

"You just waiting on the traffic jam to finish, girl"
Wait, I thought it was nighttime? Is there a Penn State game?

"The things we could do in twenty minutes, girl"
Really? Twenty minutes? Some kind of stud you are. And did you just rhyme "girl" with "girl?" I am disappoint.

"Say my name, say my name"
When no one is around you, say "baby I love you"... wait, this isn't Finish The Lyric? My bad.

"Wear it out, its getting hot, crack a window, air it out"
Aww, what did I tell you about queefing in bed? You're gross, Drake.

"I can get you through a mighty long day"
Why, you got a mighty long... cup of coffee?

"Soon as you go the text that I write is gonna say..."
Say what? SAY WHAT? Finish your thoughts before you drift off in post-coital slumber.

PS: Does anyone else wonder why Rihanna keeps asking her Nana what her name is? Can't she just look on her album cover? Does she have memory loss as a result of dating Chris Brown? Someone help her!

No comments: