Thursday, January 20, 2011

Trashy Thursdays: Daniel Bedingfield - "If You're Not The One"

Trashy Thursdays will be happening every Thursday and will feature the trashy pop songs I kinda love. Don't get it twisted, I think pop music is an art form. But like all art, there are brilliant artistic works that are fresh and dynamic and new as well as less inspired pieces of art. Sometimes those less inspired bits are as much fun as the "good" stuff, that's why we're getting trashy!

Remember the days when Natasha Bedingfield was "Daniel's little sister"? Now the tables have flipped and Natasha has had more hits in the US than her brother. But those heady days in 2003 when he was a sexy little Brit-popper with a lovely falsetto and a ballad so earnest it goes right past cheesy, past trashy and right into amazing. "If You're Not The One" pulls all the right heartstrings, is there any lyric more inspirational/stalkery than "and I pray you're the one I build my home with"?

He wants you to be the one he dies with! Gah, it's so cute I wanna vomit up tears. Or get a restraining order.

No comments: