Monday, June 16, 2008

One Week Of Hot Hot Heat

You may have noticed I only posted two blogs last week. There are two reasons for that, one is I worked 6 days in the last week, the other is our central air went out and it took them a week to get up back and working.

I grew up without air conditioning. I grew up in the country, in a big old German farmhouse with windows on every wall. It was quite simple to open them all and let a glorious cross breeze cool the house. So I never thought AC was a necessity until I moved to the 'burg. The pavement everywhere radiates heat and these "new" houses with no windows on the side walls and tiny little windows with walls between them preventing a breeze from flowing through the house. Plus, I've been using it for four years now, so I've gotten spoiled.

Of course, the central air in my apartment had to got out right before the heat wave that started on the 30th, so it was the most sweltering time for it. They couldn't make it out to fix it until the following Monday, and when they came (four hours late, naturally) they couldn't fix it. They came back next day, still no luck. Rescheduled for Friday to replace the whole darn thing, finally air again! But I went a whole week without wanting to even sit in my house for more than ten minutes, let alone sit in front of the computer and think. So I managed to post the two new videos that came out last Monday and spent the rest of the week at the movies, shopping and working.

I didn't spend much, I just browsed Borders, Target, Walmart and Salvation Army Store, played Mario Kart for Wii at Best Buy, saw Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull at the theatre (ending was a bit much, but I enjoyed it anyway) hit the Colonial Park Diner, Arby's, Tonino's Pizza and Sheetz for food and chilled (literally) at A'Melanie's pad playing Guitar Hero (finally made it through about four songs with out crashing! Holla!) and Kareoke Revolution. So I had a lovely weekend avoiding the heat before working all week. Fun!

But now the cool has been reborn like a Miles Davis LP and I'm back to blogging on a regular basis, I hope.

No comments: