Friday, January 13, 2012

New Feature: Soundtrack Of The Day!

In case you hadn't noticed, I've been writer's blocked, lazy, uninspired, and a lot of other things for the last year or more. I've been really bad at keeping up with the blog, so I've been considering my options. I don't want to stop writing but I don't seem to have the time for full-length posts. So I am beginning a new feature that will allow me to write in short bursts, post daily, and keep this thing rolling until I figure out what to do.

The boyf bought me a notebook for Christmas with a graphic cover that says "Music is my addiction." He knows me so well. I still love music but I haven't been as excited over new stuff recently, hence the lack of posting. But everyday of my life has a soundtrack, a little Nina Simone here, a little Janet Jackson there, a little Relient K everywhere.

That brings me to the new feature. I will be posting a song each day with a little blurb. Sometimes the song will be inspired by that day's events, other times it will be new music that has grabbed my ear (watch for the Freshness Edition in those cases) and other times it will be in honor of someone's birthday, anniversary or holiday.

If you have a request for Soundtrack Of The Day, leave 'em in the comments. If you are a band or artist who would like to be featured, let me know where I can find embeddable players with your music (YouTube, SoundCloud, etc.)

So, this could be fun. Soundtrack Of The Day starts... today!

No comments: