Monday, January 2, 2012

A New Track & Video From Scissor Sisters? Why, Yes, I Will Listen To That.

 Those New York Sisters who Scissor, and make the kind of filthy/gorgeous music that makes the queer kids dance, are apparently back. "Shady Love" is the new track from a forthcoming album, but it sounds totally different than anything the Sisters have done before. Kind of Cazwell meets latin freestyle, and much heavier dance influence than usual. I'm just not sure if I love it, and I'm really not sure why Azealia Banks (aka Krystal Pepsy) was used on the song for a guy/gal back'n'forth when Ana Matronic is always perfectly perfect.

But it may grow on me, and I'm definitely not counting out this album based on this song. Scissor Sisters' Night Work was one of my favorite discs of 2010 despite the lead single being a snooze. Take a look-see at the video:

No comments: