Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Soundtrack Of The Day [Freshness Edition]: "Safe And Sound" - Taylor Swift ft. The Civil Wars

First off, let me just say I don't know what the fuck is going on in this trailer for The Hunger Games. I've not read the books so I don't know why Nazi Germany hired Dolores Umbridge's little sister and some bit rate storm troopers to train children to play Rollerball or whatever is going on. Don't worry, it'll be just like "Twilight" and I'll catch up on all the books after everyone else in the world has already read them.

Anyway, this is a music post and so we must get to the song! Taylor Swift should really hook up with The Civil Wars more often, or at least not always sing about some boy that broke her pretty blonde heart. This song is so lovely, so uplifting with such beautiful harmonies and a haunting melody. I love Taylor's music normally, but this is whole 'nother level. Also on another level? Her February Vogue cover. She is giving me Carly Simon realness here, and I am living for it.

2 comments:

Aunt Laura said...

OMG thank you for sharing this song! Gave me goose bumps. BTW I'm really disappointed ur not up on this pop culture phenom. Ur slacking my nephew.

C. Paul Keller said...

I know, but I don't want to spend the $$ on the books and the library always has them checked out. I will get around to it, I'm sure!