Monday, March 31, 2008

Diva Showdown!

Are you ready for it? Tomorrow we will see if the New Mariah Carey, British pop sensation Leona Lewis, can hold on to the top of the Billboard Hot 100 with her white hot hit "Bleeding Love" or if the original Mariah can overtake her with her radio smash "Touch My Body." This is the first week Mariah's song has been available for purchase as a download, and you know I downloaded it. Currently "Touch" is holding fast to the pole position on the iTunes chart, and for my own observation is getting a little more airplay on the radio, so I think Mariah will get her 18th #1, tieing her with Elvis Presley for second place (behind the Beatles) in number one hits. But what if there was another diva ready to pounce? Madonna's collaboration with my boyfriend Justin Timberlake is number two on the iTunes chart right now, and radio has been eating it up. I downloaded it, too. I don't know how many spins "4 Minutes" is getting, but I'm hoping for a one-two-three girl power punch at the top. Whichever glamorous star tops the charts, it seems it's a good time to be a girl with pop chops. Need more proof that Leona Lewis is amazing? Check her live on Leno last week. Lewis's Spirit is out tommorrow. Carey's E=MC2 and Madonna's Hard Candy are available in April.

No comments: