Monday, March 24, 2008

A Letter To My Ex

Well, it's been forty-odd days in the wilderness, crying out for that sweetest nectar of the gods. And I've made it through the wilderness, I made it through! But though you really are my sweetest downfall, my beloved Dr Pepper, you do such bad things to me. Why you gotta play me like that?
I had my first taste of you since Fat Tuesday at Easter dinner, and while it was delicious, it wasn't quite the orgasmic release I expected. Perhaps the time apart was good for us, I don't think I'm addicted anymore! I had another today, and I may have realized, I don't need you to survive! Water is my new BFF, thank you. And he doesn't leave me thirsty, he doesn't fill my body with chemicals and sodium and empty calories, he tastes just as good in the store-brand bottles as in a Evian, he doesn't make me jittery when I'm laying in a tanning bed. I think the love affair has waned, but I won't forget the good times. I still like you, just not in that way. We can still hang out, I'll probably still drink you when I need the caffiene, but I sure won't have you in doses of four bottles a day anymore. I was looking better, feeling better and sleeping better during our time apart. I don't want to lose that. Water makes me feel good about myself, you don't. So goodbye, good luck and you'll find someone who will love you. You're still a cool drink!

No comments: