Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Horrible New Jessica Simpson - "Come On Over"

Ashlee may be the more makeover-happy Simpson sister, with the blonde to brunette to blonde to brunette to redhead dyejobs. But big sis Jessica is going for a genre makeover instead, doing a country album. Since I like exactly three Jessica pop songs ("I Think I'm In Love" "With You" and "I Belong To Me") will a Nashville gloss make her more palatable?

The first single "Come On Over" is NOT a remake of the Xtina or Shania songs of the same name. Too bad, cause this one sucks. In day and age when high-quality and well-written country music exists, thanks to wunderkind Taylor Swift, country-jazz chantuse Shelby Lynn and old school mamas like Loretta Lynn and Reba McEntire, who needs bland country pop shit? If it rocked out more, like a female Tim McGraw, or upped the sex-kitten flavor, like Shania Twain at her prime, maybe I'd love it. Listen:

No comments: