Monday, September 15, 2008

New Ben Folds feat Regina Spektor - "You Don't Know Me"

Y'all know I love Regina Spektor, right? Begin To Hope is one of my favorite CDs and "Samson" is in my top 20 favorite songs of all time. So when I saw "You Don't Know Me" listed in a top 20 list at Fizzy Pop, I was all "New Regina Spektor! Why don't I know about this?" Turns out the song has been leaked for almost a month, and is even available on iTunes. Time to add the Soviet Kitsch-er to my Google Alerts!

"You Don't Know Me" is much more Ben than Regina, but I still like it. I've never been a big Ben Folds Five fan, so I don't know if this is Ben's usual sound, but it fits well with Regina Spektor's cutesy vibe. Despite the sweet sound, it's really a breakup song about a couple who don't really know each other. Sort of an "in love with love, not with me" song? Is that a song category? Anyway, here is the Regina-less video, directed and starring those obnoxious Adult Swim stars Tim & Eric:

No comments: