Wednesday, August 19, 2009

The VMAs Throw It Up For The "West Side"

I've kinda gotten over the whole MTV Video Music Awards thing, I'm not sure why a channel that shows approximately one hours worth of music videos a week is celebrating music videos. But I guess they have to have somewhere to show commercials for "The Hills."

The noms were fairly benign, I didn't even bother posting them this year. But, the promos are pretty cool. MTV is paying tribute to the VMAs returning to New York City this year by incorporating the most New York of Broadway shows into the commercials.

Nominees Cobra Starship, Taylor Swift and Katy Perry perform the "West Side Story" classic "Tonight" with altered lyrics. As much as I would rather hear it sung straight, I can't hate on a revival of the song in any way, shape or form. It's really cool that a classic Broadway song is making it on MTV, even just in promos. Even if Taylor Swift's voice sucked... (Did I just say that out loud?)



No comments: