Monday, August 10, 2009

Vogue Evolution Is ABDC's Feircest Dance Crew!

Last night, Randy Jackson's other fame game America's Best Dance Crew made it's season four debut. This season promises more variety than ever, with b-boys from Seattle and a "hick-hop" crew that mixes line dancing with hip-hop moves.



But of course, I zoned in on the feirceness like a gay bumblebee to a orchid in a vintage Chinese vase. NYC's Vogue Evolution have been competing in the underground balls for a while, and are used to the heightened competition in that world. And the first all gay and transgendered crew in ABDC's history brought the fi-ya! The five-piece ensemble did all kinds of dramatic moves I didn't know existed. Lil' Mama was all about it, she's hosting her own ball and seemed quite up on the culture. I'm kinda jazzed for this new season. Represent!

Watch the full episode here, skip to segment six for Vogue Evolution.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

WERK! I keep missing "ABDC" on Sundays because I would never think it would be on Sundays, but I'm now gonna pay attention!

C. Paul Keller said...

I was never a die-hard ABDCer, but I'm all about it this year!