Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Does Katherine McPhee Really Know What Boys Like?

Hottie rocker Daughtry and gospel diva Mandisa may have been my personal picks for American Idol '06, but that doesn't mean I didn't think Kat McPhee was stunningly beautiful and possessed a pretty nice voice. And I was obsessed with "Love Story" for a week or two last summer. So you know it's not personal when I rip on her godawful remake of new wave classic "I Know What Boys Like." It's a promo track from the alleged comedy The House Bunny and features Superbad's Emma Stone on a hip-hop breakdown over a reheated Missy Elliot beat. Yeah, you read that right. So bad, people, so stinkin' bad. Add in an obnoiuxious shout-out to the film's sorority ("Where my Zetas at?") and you have a song even Heidi Montag would reject.

No comments: