Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Some Gave All (I Just Give In...)

I finally gave in to the urge, the hunger, the want, the need, the DESIRE...

I was on my way back from my therapist appointment, and I only planned to buy new sneaks for work. I had my frequent buyer card for those, which make them cost 61 cents (I know!) But I had an excuse to stop at the mall, to find a place to put out Now Hiring signs (sure, that's the reason!) But my object of lust awaited. Remember the feirce sweater-vest-with-hood I blogged about? Well, my need for it grew stronger, and I was weak. I had a 15% off coupon for Express, plus I was easily swayed by the promise of another 15% for getting a credit card.

I was wearing my new (via Salvation Army) Georgio Brutini loafers and the click-click of leather sole on tile floor made me think I was Jordin Sparks (or Amy Winehouse, with a red dye job instead of beehive). And when you combine that sense of celebrity with the DKNY dark wash jeans hugging my ass just right AND crying out to be topped with more than a V-neck tee, I couldn't not give in. I am powerless against the call of the fashion sirens. So yeah, off to church I go, looking fly as fuck, y'all!

No comments: