Sunday, March 29, 2009

Young Gay Christians Ask You To See "Through My Eyes"

A new documentary came to DVD recently, one that really strikes a nerve here at Pictures & Conversations. As should be flamingly obvious, I'm gay. And while I don't discuss it that frequently, I've posted a few times about spiritual matters. That's because I'm a gay Christian.

When I was a teenager and knew everything, the thought of gay Christians was a terrifying thing. Literally, I remember hearing that some gay people claimed to still be Christians and it made me nauseous. That's pretty ironic, coming from a guy who now opening leers at Danny Gokey immediately after leading Bible study.

But it took a lot of time, some help from a few books and a good therapist to get me to this place. A new documentary produced by The Gay Christian Network, Through My Eyes, gives a platform for a couple dozen young GLBT Christians to tell their stories, unfiltered and without a narrative bias. These are real young people who show the human side of a debate that too often rages over ideals and words. Can one be Christian and gay?

Trailer:


Website: Through My Eyes

1 comment:

Deb said...

I added this to my shopping list at Amazon --- Love you!!!!
Aunt Deb