Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Earworms Du Jour Vol 3

Did you ever notice how songs get stuck in your head and won't leave? Those are called earworms, and every once and a while I will share the ones that are stuck in my head, so they can be stuck in your head too, and then we can both be miserable. 'k?

First is a new emo song by the Spill Canvas. Called "All Over You" it's an absolute bitch to get stuck in your head. Cause it just takes you back to your last unrequited crush, and crushes the happy place you were in as it runs in your brain "I want to taste you one more time again/I'm all over you/I'm not over you... I just want you to love me back/Why can't you just love me back?" Damn you Spill Canvas! With your dorky hot lead singer and emo lyrics and catchy chorus...


Second is an schmaltzy eighties pop hit, "Lost In Your Eyes" by Debbie Gibson. I haven't heard the damn thing in a long time, but just the line "I get lost... In your eyes..." is playing in a constant loop in my brain all night. Go back to Broadway, Deborah!

No comments: