Sunday, July 27, 2008

The Snoods LIVE @ Starbucks, July 26, 2008

I finally made it to an entire appearance by The Snoods last night. Every time I've seen them I either had to leave early, or got there late. But my friend Beth and I made it to Starbucks for their acoustic set early, and stay the whole way through, yay!

You may recall I reviewed the debut CD by The Snoods in April, and I've been a fan of the band for a while now. Here's my problem: on disc, they rock. The songs are hooky, the playing is tight and while the vocals are a little weak, they are quite serviceable. I really do love the album!

But live? They really could work on stage presence. I was easily distracted, and could barely hear the vocals or the weak attempts at patter between songs. I don't get a youthful energy from them, which I would expect from guys still in high school. Maybe I'm expecting too much from a group of teenage boys, I just hoped for more. Maybe the regular, non-acoustic sets are better? I'm really hoping to check out one of those sets soon. I still love the songs, so all is not lost.

The Snoods is available via iTunes and other download sites now.

No comments: