Thursday, July 24, 2008

Thank Pineapple! "Paper Planes" Lands on Hot 100

Maybe it's a slow news day, or maybe I'm just obsessed with M.I.A. to an unhealthy degree, but I was very excited to read this on Billboard's website: "M.I.A.'s "Paper Planes" arrives at No. 55 after selling more than 42,000 downloads. The song is used in the trailer for the upcoming film "Pineapple Express." Its parent album, "Kala," returns to The Billboard 200 at No. 182 for the first time since May."

You may recall, "Paper Planes" was my number 2 song of last year, and Paper Planes (Homeland Security Remixes) - EP has been in heavy rotation on my iPod all this year, too. If you haven't yet, you really should check out the song, I've posted the video as well as the Pineapple Express trailer below. I'm not much for stoner comedies, but I may have to see it just for the very fact my Sri Lanken homegirl M.I.A. is in the trailer. I know, I have no life. But seriously, M.I.A. pwns you.




No comments: