Monday, July 21, 2008

Five Songs On Shuffle, Volume 20

This is the nineteenth installments of my weekly blog entry series "5 Songs On Shuffle." I’ll put my iTunes on shuffle and blog about the first five songs that play.

"Boys (Co-ed Remix)" - Britney Spears feat. Pharrell Williams Greatest Hits: My Perogitive
"Boys/Sometimes a girl just needs one" Brit-Brit coos over a hot Neptunes beat (the same one as ex-boyfriend Justin Timberlake's "Senorita") before her love for a certain ghetto fabulous one took her over the edge into insanity. Remember when Britney was the pop princess with perfectly sexy/sweet hooks? Yeah, we like that one better.

"Crazy on You" - Heart The Essential Heart
The acoustic guitar intro that leads up to Ann Wilson going crazy on you is sleek Cali rock at it's finest. But once Ann hits the chorus, you know she done went and sang it! Not as intense as "Alone" or insane as "Barracuda" but there is nothing wrong with any Heart track, in my opinion.

"Walk Away" - Kelly Clarkson Breakaway
From the burned copy my sister gave me, on which she wrote "Kelly Clarkson - Break Way" comes the song with the best video from that modern classic pop album. We've all done it, rocked out to some Kelly in the car, while at work or in the public restroom. Kelly, I don't think I can walk away.

"Lovestoned/I Think She Know" - Justin Timberlake Future Sex/Love Sounds
The last two and a half minutes or so of this track, the "I Think She Knows Interlude" is a perfect pop song in and of itself. The soft falsetto of Justin's voice riding on a swirl of strings, beat and guitar strumming is perfect. I could listen to just that part all day.

"Sexual Eruption (Fyre Department Remix)" - Snoop Dogg feat. Robyn Sexual Eruption [Fyre Department Remix] - Single
The hottest remix this year, hands down. The beat is not self-conciously retro anymore, Robyn brings her Scadinavian cool to a new naughty chorus, and a perfect dirty-pop track is born.

No comments: