Monday, July 7, 2008

Introducing... My Top Twenty Favorite Songs Of All Time

I joined MySpace.com over a year ago, and started blogging on the networking site a short while later. I think the second post I ever made was a link to a new Kelly Clarkson song, I was hooked on spreading the word about hot new pop music.

In May 2007 a post about "Only You" by The Platters started a series of posts about my Top Ten Favorite Songs Of All Time, and it took me a good long while to get through them all. I posted about both the personal story behind my love of the song and the historical significance of the songs, some posts were longer than others, but in Febuary 2008 I completed the series, ending with Amy Grant's "Lead Me On." For a while now, I had been considering a new series, with ten more songs to take the list to a Top Twenty. Since my original top ten was a MySpace exclusive, you won't find the posts on Pictures & Conversations. Until now! Here are the links to my original Top Ten Songs Of All Time:
"Only You" - The Platters
"Jolene" - Dolly Parton
"How Soon Is Now?" - The Smiths
"Lead Me On" -Amy Grant
"Like A Prayer" - Madonna
"Hurt" - Johnny Cash
"You Are There" - Ashley Cleveland
"Jesus Walks" - Kanye West
"Because Of You" - Kelly Clarkson
"We Belong Together" - Mariah Carey

Now, I'm ready to unveil the ten songs that round out My Top Twenty Favorite Songs Of All Time:
"Unforgivable" - Plumb
"Unwell" - Matchbox 20
"Stay (I Missed You)" - Lisa Loeb & Nine Stories
"Strange Fruit" - Billie Holiday
"Black (Is The Color Of My True Love's Hair)" - Nina Simone
"Paint It Black" - The Rolling Stones
"The Winner Takes It All" - ABBA
"Chasing Cars" - Snow Patrol
"Time After Time" - Cyndi Lauper
"Samson" - Regina Spektor

I will get to posting about these delicious records as soon as I can. This time around, look for pictures, links to music videos, as well as the same personal reasons for loving these songs.

No comments: