Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Southern Style!

You may not know this about me, but I love fried chicken with a passion usually reserved for one's spouse or child. Recently a Chik-Fil-A opened right next to bank I go to for work, which is a really bad thing.

I tried their signature southern style chicken sandwich, a golden-fried chicken breast on a soft white roll with dill pickles(you can get a wheat roll for .20 more) It is so delicious! The chicken is moist and the breading is perfectly seasoned, with a hint of pepper and herbs. The pickles add just a hit of acidicity.

Soon after, McDonald's came out with their own Southern Style Chicken Sandwich. The McDonalds version also comes with pickles and is on a "buttery" roll. The roll is a little greasy looking, but doesn't actually feel that way. But the breading feels thick, compared to the Chik-Fil-A one, and the seasoning isn't as delightful. But I'm still loving it, just not as much.

As if that wasn't enough southern hospitality, Arby's entered the fray with their own Southern Chicken Sandwich. This one also came with pickles, as well as mayo. I skipped the mayo, and it' still wasn't as good as either of the other southern chickens. Smaller piece of chicken, for starters, and the flavor of the pickels over powered the chicken big time. I do not recommend, if fact I don't even see them on the Arby's website anymore, they may be gone.

In closing, if you have a Chik-Fil-A nearby, check them out. Tasty! Otherwise, the McDonald's one is a close second.

No comments: