Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Katy Perry Can't Decide On An 80s Theme In "Hot N Cold"

The long awaited (by me, anyway) video for Katy Perry's fantastic follow up to "I Kissed A Girl" finally debuted on MySpace today! "Hot N Cold" was co-written by the same team of writers on her earlier smash, and its bombastic electro-pop sound just screamed for an 80s theme. So Katy gives us three 80s themes.

The clip starts with Katy's wedding, complete with drag queen bridesmaid and super-short dress. When her fiance can't decide if he should say "I do" she starts in on the song. Hubby-to-be runs, she chases. He ends up in a club, with Katy singing in the band, her Diesel sunglasses logo getting two closeups along with the belt on her 80s-via-"Since U Been Gone" outfit. He runs into the alley, where Katy and her posse of "Like A Virgin"-esque wedding-dress-clad dancers grind on a car before following him on bikes. He runs unto Katy doing the Running Man in front of a break dance posse in day-glo. Couldn't the girl fit in a Flock Of Seagulls hairdo and a Flavor Flav clock, too? Watch:

Hot N Cold

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm not as big of a Katy Perry fan as you but I'm loving that whole second look with the Diesel sunglasses including the choppy bob.

Think I just found my Halloween costume...

C. Paul Keller said...

I don't know quite why I love her, but Katy does things to me that no woman ever has...

That would be a feirce Halloween costume! I'm going as Sarah Palin, cause I already have the glasses for it...