Saturday, October 18, 2008

Late Night Earworms

Last night, I couldn't sleep. I don't know if was the excitement of seeing Kelly Clarkson & Reba tonight, or the thought of picking up my vintage couch for the living room and knowing I had some furniture re-arranging to do or the Diet Dr. Pepper I consumed way too late, but when I laid down around 1AM, I couldn't fall asleep.

So I got back up, went out into the kitchen and did some cleaning, pulled some of the furniture in position, made some curtains for the bathroom cupboard, took some measurements of the windows for the valances I wanted to make, all without the one thing I always surround myself with: music!

I didn't want to wake my neighbors with loud tunes, and when I get to working I have the bad habit of turning the volume up more and more So I thought about grabbing my iPod, but the earbuds always fall out when I doing a lot of moving around. So I just hummed to myself.

Hears the problem: the god-awful playlist my brain played for me. It was mostly Kardinal Offishall's "Dangerous," which is terrible enough, but every once and again American Idol's resident cutie-pie David Archuleta would bust in with some "Crush." I am starting to warm up to that song, but I really didn't need to hear it all night long. Another song I like, Kevin Randolph's "Let It Rock" would have been a welcome addition to the devil's playlist my brain was putting together, but the only line that ran through my head was Lil' Wayne's "I rap about angels like Angela and Pamela and Tamera and I WANT TO STAB MYSELF IN THE EAR NOW!" To wrap it up, a lil Britney, of course. I can't recall for sure which song it was, but it felt like a medley of "Hot As Ice" (from Blackout) and the new one, "Womanizer" with some "Piece Of Me" thrown in.
Little wonder I was up until after 4 in the morning (now that would have been an ironic earworm!) with all this crap flowing freely through my ears. I dare you to listen:

Late Night Earworm

Tune in later this weekend, I'll be posting my review of Kelly & Reba! You know I'mma love it!

No comments: