Thursday, October 2, 2008

Paramore Gets Moody With Twilight Single

Confession: I have never read the Twilight books. I keep forgetting to check them out at the library, and now I feel all left out 'cause everybody loves them. I came late to the Harry Potter party, was born too late to be an original Narnia and Lord Of The Rings fan, and apparently my love for Artemis Fowl is not enough to force a movie to be made. But enough tales from the Young Adult section! Let's talk music...

Paramore's Hayley Williams loves the Twilight books, like every emo girl should. So it makes sense that the band perform the lead single for the upcoming movie. "Decode" is a moody, almost gothic pop-punk track with Hayley's vocals doing what they do best: bouncing between walls of electric guitars and drums and emoting like no other power-pop princess. Listen to the song at Stephanie Meyer's official site.

No comments: