Friday, January 9, 2009

Kelly Album Cover! (And I Lied The Other Day...)

OK, so apparently the New York Times was wrong about Kelly Clarkson's album title. Instead of Masquerade like I said in my recent post, it's called All I Ever Wanted. Which sucks, because my mind was running wild with theories about the meaning of the title, and the switch from the "Masquerade = Kelly is hiding her true self behind more Max Martin penned singles" to "All I Ever Wanted = was to sing Max Martin songs." But it's all about the music and less about the album title.

Speaking of the album, here is the album cover:
I was in love with the glossy single cover for "My Life Would Suck Without You." It is sexy and sleek, with a lot of fashion editorial edge. This is very bright and sunshiny and a little too "hot mom" for me. Again, it's all about the music, so here is a 30-second snippet of "My Life Would Suck Without You." Listen:


I can't wait to hear the full thing, it does have a catchy Katy Perry electro sound. I'm more excited now than I was when the lyrics leaked, but I'm still not sure this will be a step forward for Kelly, as an artist. I really loved the moody chick who contemplated suicide over an acoustic guitar and wailed about the "hole inside of me." But I may love it, I usually do...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm withholding judgment until the album comes out but from that cover to that snippet, so far I'm "meh" about the whole thing.

C'mon Kelly! Tear the roof of this mutha!

C. Paul Keller said...

I know, Junior! She has the vocals to really let loose, but I'm not hearing it on this snippet. And the cover really is bland, especially compared to the really sharp single cover.

I want to love everything you do, Kelly! Stop making it hard to do that...

Anonymous said...

Hey Paul! I just heard the whole track and am curious if you've already heard it yet! My opin: it's good but it sounds EXACTLY like "Since You Been Gone"! Same chord progression. Same verse/chorus structure. It's pretty much the same song. Or it could be me? Def curious if you like it or not!

C. Paul Keller said...

No, Junior, I was at work all day and hadn't check my Kelly Clarkson Google Alert (I'm such an AI geek) yet. Thanks for the heads up, Kelly has it posted on her YouTube page and I've listened to it three times now. I like it! But you're right about it sounding like "Since U Been Gone" You know I'll be posting this thing pronto...