Friday, January 30, 2009

Would My Life Suck Without Kelly's New Video?

I promise this blog won't turn into All Kelly Clarkson, All The Time. Although, how fuckin' fabulous would that be? BUT! My girlfriend Kelly's new video premiered on AT&T's website Wednesday night, and I didn't get to see it until this morning cause I was working for the man all day yesterday. Damn the man! Tryina keep me and Kelly apart.

The video is pretty much "Since U Been Gone" only the boyfriend is sitting on the couch with my girl through most of it. There are some clothes thrown out the window, some keys flushed down the toilet and a crazy ride in a Jeep. Kelly plays crazy girlfriend quite well, does she have experience? But it ends in a kiss (a first for a Clarkson vid, if I recall correctly) so it's all good. The big question: where would Kelly fall on Barney's Crazy/Hot scale? Watch here. Or here.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Paul, okay, as the official Kelly Clarkson commentator to all your wonderful Kelly Clarkson posts I must chime in on the video.

About that video? Um, no. Do it again. I'm sorry but Kelly's had some great videos but this was not one of them. It reminded me of a backwards version of the videos for "Since..." and "Low". Give her something new!

And what was with the throwing stuff out the window? It made NO sense. I get they were teasing but at some point in time, it's gotta make sense. And there needed to be another meeting about this video's concept. Does the guy know she likes him? Does he like her too? I couldn't follow it. Also, this is personal, but I hate when two people who are clearly hot play that "We're just friends" thing.

You're hot. He's hot. Do it already! You both want to! I will say at 2:18 of the YouTube version, it did make my heart explode. I'll let you discover what I'm talking about.

C. Paul Keller said...

Hi Junior! I love that you always comment on my Kelly posts, it makes me feel less Insane Kelly Clarkson Fan. I swear I don't have a Kelly doll I made myself... anymore. Also, as a scary Kelly fan it made me sad I could only watch the video three times before work this morning, hence the scanty commentary in the post. I shall make up for that now.

I think the big problem with the "throwing things out the window" sequence is that Kelly is supposed to be playing straight, like she's really mad but she's acting too silly. From what I've read, they are supposed to be a couple fighting then making up, but it doesn't read as that. And I didn't get the point of the younger versions of our protagonists, completely useless.

And I totally missed the moment at 2:18 the first time around. Soooo cute. Also liked that she's wearing a man's shirt and boxers, so they totally just did it. Yay, Kelly! Get some of that fine man all up on your fine ass.