Wednesday, January 7, 2009

(Belated) Year End List: The Hot Men Of 2008

I know, 2009 is already a week old. So why am I still posting 2008 year end lists? Maybe because I started it back before Christmas and kinda forgot to finish it. Don't judge, you don't know! Regardless of timing, who doesn't a post full of hot dudes? Lesbians, that's who.

A wise man once said "There is a lot more to life than being really, really good-looking." But it's still a nice feature. For my choices for the Hot Men Of 2008, I needed more than looks. Smarts, great attitudes and wit all make me hornier than just kissable lips and rock hard abs. But when you have both... sigh... Oh, David stop! People are watching... Ahem! I need to stop daydreaming or I will never finish this post.

The Chris Daughtry Award (For Hottest American Idol Rocker): David Cook
It took a couple of weeks of American Idol before I saw the true hotness of the Cookie. But when he rocked out to "Hello" it was on, girls and gays! The beautiful eyes, the sexy gravelly voice and the cute facial hair got me started, the talent got me hooked and the huge heart made me fall madly in love. His relationship with his family, the fact he wore a rubber bracelet all season that was given to him by a reporter as a tribute to the reporters sick daughter and knowing that he is decent human who is down with the gays created a monster of sexy proportions, both inside and out.
The Dave Leiberman "If You Can't Stand The Hotness, Stay Out Of The Kitchen" Award (For Hottest TV Chef): MFB Richard from Top Chef
Yeah, Jeff might've been the conventionally sexy one, and Richard did have a habit of wearing "funny" t-shirts. But his boyish crush on head judge Tom Collichio and his full admission of having an "inner queen" in the first episode alone cemented his place as runner-up to David Cook in the Hottest Reality Bear Cubs Competition in my mind. And once he left the show, not even Martha Stewart could make it worth watching anymore.

The Anti-Perez Hilton Award (For Hottest Blogger): Junior
I know what you're thinking, is there really such a thing as a hot blogger? I know conventional stereotypes suggest days-old facial hair growth and bathrobes covering beer bellies and comic book tees are the costume of choice for blog writers and I would imagine there are still some who hold to that look. But there are some choice blogging hotties out there, from celeb bloggers like Kanye and model Bryan David Thomas (probably NSFW) to funny, witty cuties like D'Luv at Chart Rigger and Andy Towle at Towleroad. But only Juice With Junior's blog god makes great great fashion choices, is ridiculously funny and smart and has a rather sexy smile (see his video ender for the Juice With Junior Awards above.) Oh, and he comments on my blog... not that I was swayed at all by that. (Editor's note: Yes I was.) I dub him Hot Blogger 2008. Video via Juice With Junior.

The "Dear God, Don't Let Him End Up Looking Like Bruce Jenner In A Couple Years" Award (For Hottest Olympic Athlete): Matthew Mitcham
I bet you thought it was gonna be the Phelps. Yeah, he's got a great body but a consistently dumb look on his face. Matthew has a nice body, a brilliant smile and really great hair. It's all about the hair for me, sorry. Plus, as the first openly gay diver to win a gold medal, he's really a role model for young athletes. You don't have to hide any part of who you are to be a sexy, confident and athletically gifted man. Oh, and did I mention he was hot as ballz? Picture via Hunk Du Jour.
The Dreamy Vampire Of 2008 Award (For Hottest Actor In A Vampire Film Or TV Series, duh): Robert Pattison from Twilight
I'm sorry, but he is just fucking hot. The rest of these guys have a lot more going on than their faces, but once and a while you need just pretty. And damn, he is pretty. Picture via Twilight Poison.

Plus, the usual suspects:Justin Timberlake (from the "4 Minutes" video)
David Beckham (from the Armani underwear ads)

Freddie Rodriguez (from Ugly Betty. All the Betty screen caps of Freddie I could find were shite, so I picked this random bit of hotness. Don't know where it comes from, but who cares? A soaked white tee fine with me...)

The Men of Lost Like Lays potato chips, I can't have just one. From Daniel Dae Kim's anxious husband and father to be Jin (sixth from left) to Matthew Fox's daddy issues ridden doctor feel-damn-good (fifth from left) to the always sexually charged (and shirtless) southern boy Sawyer (played by Josh Holloway, third from left) to Naveen Andrews' former Iraqi soldier with the hair I would kill to run my fingers through (third from right) and more recent additions Henry Ian Cusick (far right) and Ken Leung (not pictured) I wouldn't mind being stranded on a haunted island with these boys.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG! This is so unexpected. I didn't even have a speech prepared... I have so many people to thank! I have to thank Paul of course for giving me the hottest blogger award! It's one of the nicest things anyone's ever done for me and I will treasure it always!

I have to thank Dave, my barber since I was 2 years old for the edge-up, H&M and the Macy's sales racks for the clothes, Dunkin' Donuts for removing the trans fat from their donuts so I don't get too chunky and my parent's for being the two most beautiful and popular kids in their school and making me, who is very much less beautiful and popular (that's all true btw; my folks never let us kids forget it).

THANK YOU!

C. Paul Keller said...

Unfortunately the "wrap-it-up" music started play over you at about the H&M comment, so I think Dunkin' Donuts may revoke your sponsorship... ;)

Seriously, Junior, you should apply for the blogger opening at Best Week Ever. As much as I love the gang there, you are more consistently funny and interesting. And hotter - you didn't see Dan Hopper in the nominees, did ya?

Anonymous said...

Thanks Paul! Seriously, you are a one-man self-esteem booster. You should have a van where you go around giving people wonderful compliments! I would drive the van, btw, I don't want you to get into an accident!

Would you believe I missed the BWE deadline! I didn't read the whole post and didn't see that they wanted people's apps in by today. I sent anyway. We'll see... And BWE if you're reading, I happen to think Dan Hopper is very handsome.

Can I have job now?

Anonymous said...

Paul, I have to give you another thank you because because you said the thing about BWE, I rechecked and realized I didn't miss the deadline!

WHOO! Thanks!

C. Paul Keller said...

Sweet Action! I'm glad you didn't miss the deadline, you would be a great addition to the blog. I have my fingers crossed for you...

Plus it would give me serious blog cred that I was a reader before you joined BWE. I could be all "Oh you like that hot new blogger Junior? I've been reading him forevs, where have you been? Dahling, you really should get online more..."