Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Kelly Breaks Hot 100 Record... Again!

OMG you guys! My future beard Kelly "The MuthaFucking Original Idol" Clarkson is breaking the Billboard Hot 100 record for biggest jump to the number one spot. This is the same record she broke with her last number one, the two sided single for her Idol coronation song "A Moment Like This/Before Your Love." That leap, from number 52 to 1, was bested by Maroon 5's "Makes Me Wonder" in 2007 and has since been broken four more times. The last time was by Britney Spears, when "Womanizer" leapt from 96 to 1.

Kelly supersedes Brit's record by one point, jumping 97 to 1 with the snappy pop offering "My Life Would Suck Without You." This is only Kelly's second number one single, her closest brush was the 2005 number two peak of her previous collaboration with Max Martin and Dr. Luke, "Since U Been Gone."

The video popped up briefly online this morning, but was taken down within minutes. MTV's Buzzworthy Blog has photos from the set, and a sneak peek will be shown during tonight's episode American Idol.

In case you forgot the fabulousness, listen again:


My Life Would Suck Without You ( 2009 New Single) - Kelly Clarkson

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wait, "Since U Been Gone" didn't go to 1! That's crazy! But I knew it would happen with this song, she's been the top download on iTunes every day since the single came out!

I think people really missed fun Kelly!

C. Paul Keller said...

I know! "Since U Been Gone" was everywhere in 2005, but Green Day's "Blvd Of Broken Dreams" held it from the number one spot. Damn punks.

I know I missed fun Kelly! As much as I loved My December nothing beats a hook and a sassy attitude.