Friday, January 2, 2009

New Kelly Clarkson Cover Art!

My future beard Kelly Clarkson has been absent from the pop world for a couple of minutes, but she's slated to release a new single on January 19th. "My Life Would Suck Without You" was written by pop masterminds Max Martin and Dr. Luke, so it should have a sound similar to her Breakaway hits the duo penned, like "Since U Been Gone." I would hope this collaboration will get her back on radio, which is at once exciting for my inner Kelly fangirl and disheartening for my inner serious music fan. I love Max Martin's pop compositions, like "U & UR Hand" and "...Baby, One More Time" but I also loved the darker sounds Kelly explored on her mostly self-written My December. Why can't radio make room for both? I'm reserving judgement until I hear the song... aw, who am I trying to kid? I will love it, I'm sure. Kelly & Max & Luke together again is a pop fan's dream come true...

Anyway, until the single leaks, which should happen any day now, here is the super hot cover art for the single:

Isn't it hot as ballz? I mean, it's photoshopped within an inch of it's life, but you can't deny the gorgeous iconography of a girl and a lollipop. Lil Wayne would be proud! And it's not a random Lolita pose, it fits with the title in a strange way. Again, though, I preferred the moody Goth-girl look in My December's promo art, but I still love this too.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Her new album is going to be called "Masquerade", the Wall Street Journal found out! So the dress in the promo pic goes along great.

C. Paul Keller said...

Thanks for the info, Anonymous! I didn't know that, it's an interesting choice of title for an artist that is being "guided" back to a sound she wanted to leave behind. But you're right, the look seems to fit well with a title like that.

Anonymous said...

Lovin' it! Looks like someone clearly got back on Clive Davis' good side.

C. Paul Keller said...

Yes she did! Combining the full marketing muscle of Clive's empire (which he refused to give for the IMHO brilliant "My December" album) with the same look, sound and songwriters of "Since U Been Gone" I can't believe there is anyway this won't be a hit.