Wednesday, January 14, 2009

For The Indie Kids: New Emmy The Great and Morrissey Videos

You may recall I posted about new indie female artist Emmy the Great last October. She's back with a second single and video called "First Love" and it runs in the same lyrical vein as "MIA" She recalls her first love, and listening to him rewinding the lines in "Hallelujah, the original Leonard Cohen version" and his room with a view. It's a catchy track with a very indie-friendly video. Emmy stands on a stage as back drops change and she plays guitar or holds a guitar. I think I may have found my Bat For Lashes for 2009. Watch:



I've been meaning to post the new single from former Smiths lead singer Morrissey's upcoming album for a while, and now there's a video already. "I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris" leaked in a live version a few weeks ago, and I'm not crazy about it. But I've always been intrigued by Moz's self-deprecating knowledge that he doesn't have love. One of my favorite songs of all time is "How Soon Is Now?" and this is not nearly as anthemic, but the video is fun. He's just performing with his band and his dogs. As you do. Oh, and I will spare you the Paris Hilton puns. You're welcome... Via Towleroad
Watch:

No comments: