Sunday, April 19, 2009

Kelly Clarkson Sexes Up Waiters, Falls Off Bars, Doesn't "Hook Up"

Squee!!!! New Kelly Clarkson video!!! Thank Jesus (and his taking of the wheel) for Google Alerts. The new video for the second, Katy Perry-penned, single from All I Ever Wanted leaked this weekend and it is hot. "I Do Not Hook Up" finds Kelly sporting some fabulous side swept bangs at a society luncheon. She's seated next to Seth Rogen look-alike but she only has eyes for the hot waiter. So she pulls him until the table, and has a chocolate covered strawberry. Oh, and a make-out session, which is captured on a cellphone by Seth Faux-gen. Later, her and the girls hit the pool hall and a Coyote Ugly situation ensues. Will she make out with the pool player in the vest? Or just fall off the bar while dancing? Watch and find out:


Find more videos like this on The Hype Factor

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Once again, Kelly confuses the F out of me. I like the video, I'm just confused. When I first heard the song, I thought the video would be a variation on a series of guys trying to mack on Kelly and her telling them plainly that she in fact "does not hook up."

I thought maybe their be some "Love is a Battlefield" style female bonding/choreography and fade to black. But this video... Um, so Kelly wants to hook up but doesn't because she's not like that. So basically she's a ho in her head like me. Interesting...

Also, is it just me or has Kelly not looked like she's having actual fun since her "Never Again" video? Or am I reading into it too much...

C. Paul Keller said...

Junior, I agree. The lyrics don't match the visual. But as fellow ho in mind only, I liked the video. But maybe with a different song?

And I miss fun Kelly. Until you mentioned it, I didn't realize that's what has been missing from her videos. I did like "Don't Waste Your Time" (also from My December) but the All I Ever Wanted videos have been off. I think "Hook Up" is a better concept than "Suck" was, but still I think Kelly is really showing the wear of being forced into the pop mold she had broken out of on My December. She's not real like she was on that album, I'm hoping a song she co-wrote herself is released as the next single and she can get her groove back. I really want a dramatic clip for "Already Gone" ala "Because Of You" or a fun goofy video for "If I Can't Have You" in the "Walk Away" vein.

Does anyone else get the feeling I think way too much about Kelly's career? I love her like a fat kid loves cake.