Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Label Drop Can't Stop Ms Kelly From Rocking My World, Vocally.

So, you guys, listen. Kelly Rowland was dropped by her label a few weeks ago, and I'm sure Beyonce was saddened by the news. Sasha Fierce was probably just vouging it up, though. But don't cry for girlfriend, Destiny's Children! She's got a Bravo TV hosting gig, and she's still singing.

House DJ David Guetta tapped Ms. Kelly for his new single "When Love Takes Over", a prelude to his fourth album. Now, I love my some dance music, but I apparently missed the boat on Guetta. So I had to check out the single, available now on the iTunes and places like that, and it sounds like Jordin Sparks lost her virginity to Coldplay and their illicit love child recorded a ballad that Teisto remixed. Which is to say: FRIGGIN' AWSOME!!! So yeah, check out the live video from the official live debut at a F*** Me I'm Famous party. Found via Chart Rigger.



Does anyone else smell a hit, or am I huffing the "We Break The Dawn" fumes again?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love it! Guetta is great; you have to check out his first album which is a little less techno than this song, but still very good.

And Kelly. Well, she's got the show on Bravo and this song. So on the scale of post-DC success she's behind LeToya and yes maybe even Michelle, but she's certainly above LaTavia (sp?) and that other girl who dropped out who's prolly singing commercials now. So GO KELLY!

C. Paul Keller said...

Junior, I'm so glad you like it.

If you do the obvious Supremes = Destiny's Child comparison, then Kelly and Michelle have both managed to avoid going the Flo and Mary route. Good for them!