Monday, April 13, 2009

Since I Can't Find The New Bat For Lashes Anywhere In Harrisburg...

Bat For Lashes' newest disc, Two Suns, has been out since last Tuesday. But I've checked the usual shops in the 'burg, (Best Buy, Borders and Target) and nobody has it. Same thing happened with Marianne Faithfull, I had to wait a week before I could find it. I don't know what the deal is with that, if it wasn't for the fact I greatly prefer to have the booklet and all that, I'd just hit the iTunes. They love the Natasha Khan's ethereally spooky chamber pop and have MP3's stocked and ready for download.

While I wait for Two Suns, I stumbled onto a BBC Radio 1 performance by the lovely Ms. Khan. She covers "Use Somebody" (by every Brit's favorite rockers, King Of Leon) with her delicate vocals, an organ and tambourine. It's very pretty, and a great follow up to her Lo Fi mix of my current favorite song, "Daniel." Of course, if I had the album, perhaps I would have a different favorite song. Download both MP3s at Stereogum, and listen to "Use Somebody [Live Lounge Cover]" below.



Ah, what the hell. Enjoy my Favorite Song Of 2009 (So Far) too...

No comments: