Sunday, April 20, 2008

Idol Thoughts on Brooke White

Here's the thing. I love Brooke White like a sister. She has such a realness to her, a connection to almost all the songs she performs each week on American Idol. But the last few weeks she's stumbled a little. BUT while her version of "Hero" on Mariah week was not that great, but the studio version on iTunes? HOT! Guitar instead of piano, and just a much more polished sound. But it's the early performances I keep going back to on my iPod, "Love Is A Battlefield" and "Let It Be" were stunning. This week I think she will be in trouble, it's Andrew Lloyd Webber week, and Brooke doesn't have a Broadway voice. I think she would be smart to do a stripped, raw, emotional version of "I Don't Know To Love Him" from Jesus Christ Superstar. The first time they let the Idols do modern stuff, if she's still here, she needs to go the Alanis Morrisette route and do an ironic emo version of a naughty pop song. Songs From This Weeks Billboard Charts? "Low" or "Touch My Body" Songs From The 2000s? Try these on for size:


Whatever she tries next, she's still my favorite girl. And I almost wish she would leave, cause she' seems to have had her spirit broken. but not in a Brittnum Twins kind of way, thank god!

No comments: