Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Reluctantly Enjoyed - "Damaged"

Occasionally I rush to judgement on a song. Either I dislike the artist, so I don't give it chance, or at first glance it's doesn't seem like my kind of song. Sometimes, I judge too harshly and end up regretting it. Here is another song I reluctantly enjoyed.

Danity Kane is prefabricated band formed by Diddy on Making The Band 3. In his attempt to make a girl group for the new millennium, he failed. But in making a one hit wonder (the club banger "Show Stopping") I assumed he succeeded. But it turns out they have another hit in them, the hip-hop variation on the "First Cut Is The Deepest" This time around it's called "Damaged" and at first I thought it was kinda cheesy. But it grows on you, it's a little generic Euro-synth hip-hop, but with a fun beat and lyrics about the need for a post-breakup heart mender. The opening lyric "Do you have a first aid kit handy" is a cool and different way of asking "How you gonna fix what my asshole ex broke?" that every rebound guy has to tackle.

No comments: